No car part lasts forever. Like all the other parts on your Jeep, the exterior door handles will eventually wear out or break. Maybe the handle itself will come loose or maybe a component within the door handle assembly will break.
To Repair or to Replace
To repair or to replace? That is the question.
If you know that a single component, such as a spring or rod, is causing the problem, replacing that part should do the trick. However, you still have to take into consideration how easy it is to:
- Find the replacement component
- Take apart the assembly and then replace the component
For example, it might be hard to find a spring or rod that’s just the right size for your door handle assembly. You could get one from a junkyard, but often junkyards would rather not take that part out of a door for you. They would rather sell the door complete with the handle assembly. Sometimes it’s just easier to replace the entire assembly.
Finding Replacement Parts
The first step to repairing or replacing your Jeep door handle is to get all the replacement parts you need. We strongly recommend OEM replacement parts because:
- Fitment is guaranteed (many aftermarket parts are built with universal designs that won’t quite fit your Jeep)
- OEM parts are built with high-quality materials (while many aftermarket parts are built with low-quality materials)
- OEM parts typically last longer than aftermarket parts due to better fitment and quality
If you’re looking for OEM replacement parts at reasonable prices, you’re in luck. We carry genuine OEM Mopar parts (including Jeep door handles) at wholesale prices. It can’t get any better than this.
If you’re still not sure whether to repair or replace your Jeep door handle, you’re more than welcome to reach out to us with questions. We’ll be happy to chat with you!